To get a free library card...

Library cards are available at no charge to the following:

Residents of Union County

Property or business owners in Union County

Employees of schools in Union County

Employees of Union County government or city government agencies in Union County

Students, faculty, and staff of USC Union and

Newberry County residents through a reciprocal agreement

To get a library card you will need to present proof of residency, such as a valid driver's license, utility bill, lease or rental agreement.

Those who are not Union residents will need to provide both proof of current address and proof of eligibility for a free card, such as a student/faculty/staff ID.

Non-Resident library card

Anyone who does not meet one of the criteria listed above may obtain a card for an annual fee based on the amount a Union County resident contributes towards public library service, currently $10.

Library Cards for Minors

A minor (under age 18) may get a library card with parent or guardian permission. Parents/guardians are responsible for deciding what kind of library card their child receives. Cards are available with the following checkout options:

1. Checkout privileges for the entire collection

2. Checkout privileges for materials in the juvenile and easy collections only

Lost or Stolen Library Card

If your library card is lost or stolen, please notify the library immediately. You must present a valid ID to get a replacement card and replacement cards are $1.00.